We are a family run, community orientated restaurant and bar, offering home cooked food made from fresh, locally sourced produce.
The cannon was used during the Civil War in 1644 by Oliver Cromwell's Parliamentarians against a group of Royalists who were staying at Biddulph Old Hall.
Following a series of ineffectual attacks, the Parliamentarian forces sent for a cannon that had been used at Hopton Heath. The cannon was called Roaring Meg and could fire 29lb cannonballs.
The cannon was used to attack the east side of the house and the garrison surrendered and three hundred men were taken, prisoner.